About the Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia
The Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia is a professional organization concerned with supporting and enhancing mathematics as well as promoting the general understanding and appreciation of mathematics and its application.
The goals of The Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia are:
- to promote and popularize mathematics by organizing various seminars, symposiums, congresses etc., as well as organizing the mathematical competitions in Macedonia and organizing mathematical camps for students in primary and secondary school
- to help in overcoming problems and weaknesses in the mathematical educations, especially when working with talented students
- to contribute in the professional development of the teachers of mathematics in primary and secondary school
- to collaborate with professional mathematical societies from other countries in the world
- to enrich the mathematical literature, both educational and scientific. The Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia also publishes the scientific journal "Matematički Bilten" (published since 1950) and the mathematical journals "Numerus" and "Sigma" aimed primarily at primary, respectively secondary, school students who wish to enrich their knowledge beyond the standard curriculum
The Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia is successful in its field of operation, which can be confirmed by its recognizability in Macedonia and abroad.
The Union of Mathematicians of Macedonia has organized several international mathematical competitions. It organized two Balkan Mathematical Olympiads(1999, 2008), one Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad(2000) and one International Mathematical Competition for University Students.